Empty Nester

Good morning! My post today is about finally being an empty nester! Last year about this time, my daughter married a wonderful man (no grandkids yet) and I was so happy for them. This year, my big news is that my son has finally moved out of our home. I happen to be one of those parents who is more than ready for this change. My son (bless his heart) was my problem child. He had a very long path to getting his act together with first finding a stable job, then attending college part time, then full time in order to obtain his nursing degree. Mind you, I�m extremely proud of what he�s accomplished (even if it did take him a very long time) and am thrilled he took after me in going into nursing. In fact, he is an awesome nurse and often receives accolades from his patients and coworkers. Here's a picture of me putting his RN pin on! Yet what is it with young people these days? When I was his age, I was already married and living on my own. Not that I think he�s ready for marriage, sigh. But still, I moved out the moment I graduated from nursing school, even before I was married. Lived on my own for several years before I met and married my husband. Always strove to be independent from my parents. Not so much with my son, and I from what I�m hearing I�m not alone. For the past year my son has been living with us and working full time, helping out on occasion but not very driven to get a place of his own. I mean, come on. He�s twenty-eight years old! Frankly I had to give him an ultimatum earlier this year, move out by fall or get kicked out. Sounds harsh, doesn�t it? I love him, but how is he ever going to be independent, meet a nice girl and live his own life if he continues staying with us? The shocker in all of this is that once he found a small house ideal for him, he grew very excited about the whole process. He learned all about buying a house and owning a home. He managed his own mortgage process, insurance, and utilities. He closed on his new place August 16thand is now officially all moved in. Here's Jon standing outside his new house. The house is quieter now with less dirty dishes lying around, and I miss hearing about how his work shifts are going. But I don�t� miss having him here. Does that make me a bad parent? I hope not. I hope this is my way of setting him up for success. So what do you think? Happy Empty Nester? Or would you prefer to live with your young adults? I�m interested to hear what others have gone through. Oh, and if you are interested in a sweet romance story, To Believe, the fifth book in my McNally series is available for preorder now, on sale as of Sept. 1st. Yours in faith, Laura Scott

source : link

Komentar