Allie Pleiter

I have a new writing partner!

No, she�s not a collaborating author on some new series. She�s not a wise editor, either.

She�s a dog.

For fourteen years, my �writing partner� was a sweet Havanese named Bella. For an extrovert like me, the long hours alone in my house can feel lonesome. And any writer will tell you someone that reminds you �it�s time to get up out of that chair� is a great resource. So while Bella was a sweet and loving pet, I really did think of her as my writing partner. Her talent for cleaning crumbs off the kitchen floor was just a happy bonus.

When we lost Bella last November, I was heartbroken. The house felt so empty. While I adore working from home and being self-employed, I was lonely. Still, we knew better than to get another dog right away. I tried to wait patiently until the timing was right.

Three weeks ago, Bailey came into our lives. We�re still getting to know each other. She is seven�we prefer to adopt retired breeding dogs rather than go the puppy route�so there is a great deal of adjusting on everyone�s part. 

Already she has taught me about patience and starting where someone is �at� rather than where you �want them to be.� She is slowly learning what it means to be part of our family, and we are slowly learning what it means to be her friend and caretaker. 

Most of all, I am delighted to have a new writing partner while I sit in my office and craft new stories for you to love.

Chaz Walker adopts a dog�completely on impulse�in Wander Canyon Courtship. As Bailey has already done for us, Chaz learns new lessons about himself and love from his new dog Cecil.  

Tell me�what lessons has the pet in your life taught you?

Komentar